Who would have thought these three house hold ingredients would be the answer to your problems when it comes to your feet? These items are:
- Warm Water
All you have to do is mix 1/4 cup of listerine, 1/4 cups of vinegar and 1/2 cup of warm water….soak your feet for 1o minutes and when you take them out the dead skin will easily come off by just wiping it away.
So what are you waiting for? Go gather these items and go soak your feet to have beautiful looking feet and the best part, go make the other women out there jealous hehe….
Posted in Foot care
Tagged beautiful, Beauty, beauty recipes, dead skin, feet, healthy, homemade beauty recipes, how to be beautiful, listerine, natural beauty tips, natural skin care tips, skin care routine, skin tips, soaking, vinegar, water
If you are having trouble figuring out how to measure your face shape the way I explained in my blog back in December of 2012 then this website I found through stumbleupon.com should help you get an actual visual of what you would look like in a new hairstyle.
First off, what you do in the website is upload a picture of yourself, but be sure to have all your hair pulled back away from your face and also to not have any makeup on your face if you want to try on different makeup colors the website offers you to use as well…Once you finish uploading your picture, you will have to measure where your eyes and mouth are plus where you chin is…
You can then go through different celebrity’s hairstyles, which I have done myself…although I didn’t pull my hair back, so I wasn’t able to try out all of the different styles.
Here are some pictures of myself with some different hairstyles:
These were the hairstyles that I liked best…comment to tell me which one you think looks better on me…
Posted in Hair care, Hairstyles
Tagged 2011 hairstyles, 2011 short hairstyles, black hair, black hair styles, black hairstyles, bob hair styles, bob haircuts with layers, bob hairstyles, bob hairstyles 2011, bridal hairstyles, camilla belle, carrie underwood, celebrities, celebrity, celebrity hair, celebrity hairstyles, celebrity hairstyles 2011, colors, curly hair styles, curly hairstyles, demi lovato, face, find a hairstyle, hair cuts, hair magazines, hair styles, hair styles for long hair, hair styles for short hair, haircut styles, haircuts, haircuts 2011, haircuts for short hair, haircuts short, haircuts short hair, hairdo, hairdos, hairstyle, hairstyles, hairstyles 2011, hairstyles for 2011, hairstyles for bobs, hairstyles for find hair, hairstyles for long hair, hairstyles for round faces, hairstyles for short hair, hairstyles for women, jennifer love hewitt, la hairstyles, lacey schwimmer, layer hair cuts, layered haircuts for short hair, layered haircuts with bangs, layered hairstyles, long hairstyles, makeover, makeup, medium hair styles, medium haircuts styles, medium hairstyles, medium hairstyles 2011, medium length hair styles, medium to short hair styles, new hairstyles, selena gomez, short bob hair styles, short curly hairstyles, short hair, short hair cut styles, short hair cuts, short hair styles, short hair styles 2011, short hair styles for 2011, short hair styles for women, short hair styles pictures, short haircut ideas, short haircuts, short haircuts for round faces, short haircuts for women, short haircuts round face, short hairstyles, short hairstyles for 2011, short hairstyles for fat faces, short hairstyles for find hair, short hairstyles for women, short layered hair cuts, short layered hairstyles, shorter hair styles, shot haircuts 2011, stumbleupon.com, very short hair cuts, virtual hairstyles, wedding hairdo, wedding hairstyles, womens hair styles, zooey deschanel
If you are having trouble with a certain skin problem, such as being too oily, tight, shiny, or really sensitive I will help make you skin look healthier and more beautiful….
• For skin being too oily and flaky: Use a face wash with 2% salicylic acid (which is the standard strength of the oil fighter) on your forehead, nose and chin. Do not use on your cheeks….all you need to do is just splash them with water. Before bed, trace your T-zone (The T-zone starts at the forehead and then goes down the chin) with an exfoliating glycolic serum. Be sure to protect your skin by applying an oil-free sunscreen with SPF 30 and hyaluronic acid daily. It hydrates, which of course you do still need some moisture, but without being greasy.
• For skin feeling too tight: Hot water and soapy detergents are bad for dry skin, leaving it a little too squeaky clean if you know what I mean. Rinse with lukewarm water and a milky cleanser that won’t strip your skin’s natural oils. Pat a thick layer of ceramide-laced face cream on damp skin to hold in moisture, kind of like putting a top coat on your nail polish. In the morning, add a second layer of moisturizer with SPF 30+.
• For skin becoming too shiny by 2PM: Try a gel-based cleanser with glycolic acid, a heavy-hitting exfoliant that penetrates deeply, washing away oil hiding out in pores. The dab a mattifying gel all over to absorb shine. Sunblock is still a must. Look for one with avobenzone, which is known to dry out your skin, but in a good way. Before bed, apply a retinol serum; it signals the skin to produce less oil.
• For skin that looks red, but you are not blushing: Super-sensitive skin is quick to turn red. Avoid sudsy cleansers with harsh detergents. Your best bet: a face wash labeled soap-free. Safeguard your skin from UV rays with a cream that has SPF 30+ and zinc oxide, a natural anti-inflammatory that calms redness. At night, use a lotion labeled hypoallergenic, meaning it’s free of many irritants.
Posted in Skin care
Tagged 2% salicylic acid, anti-inflammatory, avobenzone, bad skin, beautiful, ceramind-laced face cream, cheeks, chin, clear skin, damp skin, dry skin, face redness, face wash, flaky, forehead, healthier, healthy, how to wash face, hypoallergenic, moisture, nose, oily, oily face, oily skin, pores, problem skin, redness, shiny, skin care tips, T-zone, tight skin
I have recently learned from a makeup artist at my local mall that the makeup you buy at your local drug store actually does expire. The makeup ends up expiring after 2 months due to the oil from your skin and bacteria ends up growing on your skin, so the best makeup dermatologists and makeup artists recommend is mineral makeup because that doesn’t expire, plus it’s beneficial to your skin….It actually makes your skin look younger and more vibrant over time, so when you plan to buy makeup again it is actually very important to buy the more pricey stuff because it is definitely better for your skin…
You can buy mineral makeup at:
So, what are you waiting for? If you really want to have better looking skin and to also not have to worry about your makeup expiring then click on one of the links above or just go to you local beauty product store…
Posted in Makeup, Makeup Tips, Skin care
Tagged bacteria, bare essentials, beautiful, Beauty, blush, dermatologists, expiring makeup, face, foundation, lipstick, makeup, makeup artists, mascara, sephora, skin, walgreens, younger
I guess I better start using eye cream more often now since I have learned about the skin there is a lot more different than any other part of your skin. The skin there is thinner, more sensitive and also has fewer oil and water glands. I have learned that if you have been passing up using eye cream because you think you don’t need it yet, stop! Go to your local drugstore and buy an anti-aging formula and start applying it every morning and night because it needs more moisturization.
Some other reasons why it’s important to use an eye cream now are to help prevent and treat wrinkles. When you smile, it causes the skin to crease, which of course will eventually lead to wrinkles, such as crow’s feet. So, start early, like in your 20’s because the sooner you start the less fine lines you will notice later on down the road…
Before buying any eye cream, make sure it will help prevent wrinkles, treat any you may already have, and moisturize the fragile eye area.
When applying the cream, make sure to use your ring fingertip to apply because it’s the least strong finger, and pat a few dots of the cream from the outer corner of your eye to right below you tear duct. Then, gently rub it into your skin using gentle inward sweeping motions.
So, be sure the ingredients read:
- A less potent percentage of glycolic acid, which promotes cell turnover, than what you would use on the rest of your face.
- Peptides, which stimulate collagen production.
- Moisturizers like glycerin, urea, or hyaluronic acid, which will help plump up find lines temporarily.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream
You can buy this product at:
- Philoxophy Eye Hope Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream
You can buy this product at:
- Beauty Rx Skin Care by Dr. Schultz Gentle Exfoliating Eye Therapy Cream
You can guy this product at:
Posted in Eye care, Skin care, Wrinkle treatment
Tagged anti-aging solutions, anti-aging tips, beautiful, Beauty, beauty Rx skincare by Dr. Schultz gentle exfoliating, crow's feet, dark circles, eye therapy cream, eyes, fragile, glycerin, moisture, moisturization, oil glands, old, peptides, philoxophy eye hope advanced anti-aging eye cream, ring finger, sensitive, skin, Skincare, tear duct, thinner, under eye, urea, water glands, wrinkles, young
All you have to do is apply a matte or satin lip color because this trick does not work at will with shiny lipstick or gloss…The next thing to do is pick a highlighting powder, such as a light powdered eye shadow. Make sure though that the powder is a lighter color than your lip color. Apply the powder with your finger tip in the middle of your top and bottom lips.
Posted in lip care, Makeup, Makeup Tips, Makeup tools
Tagged Beauty, frosted powder, fuller lips, highlighting, how to get fuller lips, lip illusion, lip trick, lips, lucid lip gloss, orange lipstick, powdered eye shadow, red lipstick, satin lip color, white lipstick
When it comes to finding the perfect hairstyle to better suit your face shape you can definitely find it here….I’m going to talk about the different face shapes and also to help you determine which one you have. Choosing the right hairstyle is very important because it can minimize or even maximize the non-pleasing attributes while promoting and complimenting positive or negative ones. Don’t you want to turn men’s heads everywhere you go? In order to find what face shape your have all you need to do is:
- Take a ruler and place it on the side of your face (the total length of the face is 8 inches)
- Divide the total length by 3. (Divide 8 by 3, which is 2.67 or 2 2/3)
- Measure the length from the bottom of your nose to the bottom of your chin (2 1/3)
- If the last number (2 1/3 is largest than the first number (2 2/3) then the chances are you have a long face.
- If the last number is less than the first number (2 1/3) is less than the first number (2 2/3) then the chances are you have a round face.
- If the last number is equal to the first number then the chances are you have an oval face.
Oval face: This shape is curvy, the length is equal to one and a half times the width, and the forehead and jaw are the same width. The best styles you can do for this face shape is are:
- Any shape and style can be worn with this shape, whether you have short, long, layered, or even bobbed.
- The only thing to consider with an oval shape is what part of your face you want to flaunt. This is where you can get creative with bangs or how you style your hair everyday.
- Blunt bangs: cutting straight bangs across the brow line can break up the length by creating the illusion of width. Also center part on hair that’s shoulder-length or longer is nice against an oval backdrop, and to avoid looking too severe add some soft waves with a beach-hair-mimicking spray like Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray. If you want a bit more texture, wrap random sections around a large-barrel curling iron.
- Bob with side bangs: A collarbone-grazing bob with side-swept bangs helps break up a long face and add softness and keep bangs in place with a pea-size drop of light gel such as American Crew Light Hold Styling Gel.
- Edgy short cut is a definitely a notice me look, so if you are feeling daring go for it…there is something very sexy and feminine about showing off your neck and ears with such hard lines. All you need is a medium-hold gel, such as Ultra Ultimate Styling Sculpting Medium Hold Gel to help make this look pieceier.
Round face: This shape is circular shaped and the length is approximately equal to width. The best styles you can do for this face shape are:
- Uneven cuts
- Mix of lengths
- Side-swept bangs (will make you look slimmer)
- Long layers (few inches of hair a few inches past your shoulders and layers that hit the jaw, ask your hair stylist to cut in a bit on the sides to create subtle angles, prevent short layers from frizzing which can add bulk around your face)
- Sleek ponytail (have no bulk)
- Bob with more pieces (soft layered cut worn intentionally mussed, [use a thickened spray, use a round brush on damp hair to add a bit of movement and wave])
- Defined pixie (helps emphasize the cheekbones and eyes with all those pieces, use pomade like Bumble and Bumble Sumotech to damp the hair for definition and texture)
- Angled bob (long, dramatic layers that sweep along the chin, [and a shortening of the hair as you go back to the nape of the neck, this cut gives you structure and angles and the hard lines of it balance out the soft lines of a round face] use a volumizing spray such as Oscar Bland Volume Volumizing Spray to add body at the roots for extra slimming, but be wary of adding any at the sides)
Hairstyles to try:
- Hairstyles with height and fullness at the crown will give the illusion of a narrower face shape, particularly those short in length.
- Longer hairstyles or ones that are kept close to the cheeks with no width will look a lot better.
- Middle parts are great for creating the illusion of a narrow length.
- No bangs are the good as the focus point becomes the bridge of the nose, creating a more oval shape.
- If bangs are used they should be swept across, or in the case of solid bangs, only where there is substantial height on the top.
- Short hairstyles are great and do not suffocate small round faces.
Hairstyles to avoid:
- Hairstyles that add volume through the sides such as chin length bob cuts, straight or kicking out in design.
- Side parts and heavy straight across bangs create a wider shorter shape and therefore should be avoided at all costs on hairstyles without any height.
Square face: This shape has a strong and broad forehead and also has an angular jaw. The best choices of hairstyles to choose for this shape are:
- Thinned-out bob which has a soft, tapered bob that hits right around the chin and it works beautifully on a square face, just be sure to ad texture and offset any severity at the jaw line and mist on a dry shampoo spray like “Blow Faux Dry Dry Shampoo.
- Tousled shag is a shag with body and be sure to use a styling cream such as Aveeno Nourish + Style Gel Cream to emphasize the layers and deemphasize the square shape.
- Wavy ends (try waves from the ears down, which help obscure any severity in the jaw line, also use a large round brush to smooth hair and then sprits on a wave spray on a wave spray like Sally Hershberger Glam Waves Texture Spray.)
- Long and straight hair softens square angles and the center part opens up the middle of your face which draws attention away from the jaw line.
Hairstyles to try:
- Wispy forward falling hair onto your face will soften your jaw line.
- Wearing bangs swept over to one side will create diagonal movement to minimize square shapes.
- Short to medium length hair will also suit you, especially if the style is rounded in shape or has wispy ends.
- Styles with height at the crown will also work in your favor.
Hairstyles to avoid:
- Avoid blunt bobs, especially sitting at chin length with straight heavy bangs as this will accentuate your jaw line and the square shape.
- Middle parts with solid bangs can also work against you.
Heart faces: This shape is wide at the forehead and cheekbone and is narrow at the jaw line. The best hairstyles to choose for the shape are:
- Bouncy bog which is for hair that hits right below the jaw, which helps fill in the area around the chin and deemphasizes the triangle to blur those lines even more which adds a bit of body and using a round brush and volumizing spray will help you pull this look off the best.
- Deep side part with long hair starts with a clearly defined side part and then adds side-swept bangs to help bring your eyes out.
- Long layered waves (you will want few pieces of hair to fall in the area between the ears and the nose to offset the width of the heart and you want the longer layers to fill in around the chin and any waviness should be kept from the ears down. Fullness on top only emphasizes the point at the bottom.
- Pixie with side swept bangs will soften any hard features and you can finger-comb a light cream before going over hair with a round brush and blow dry for smoothness.
Hairstyles to try:
- Any textured chin-length hairstyles will suit best.
- If bangs are wanted make sure that they are side-swept bangs and not straight across as blunt cut bangs because it will make your face shape shorter and wider.
- Shoulder length cuts with wispy layers that kick out will also work very well.
- Height on top will work but only if they belong to shoulder length to longer hairstyles.
Hairstyles to avoid:
- Short, full hairstyles like slicked back looks that emphasize your upper face.
- Short styles with heavy straight across bangs that create an upside down triangular shape.
Diamond face: This shape the forehead and jaw line are narrow and the cheekbones are wide and high.
Hairstyles to try:
- Hairstyles that add width at the chin area such as chin length bob cuts or shoulder length wispy kicked out looks.
- Styles that tuck in behind the ears also work well to show off a wonderful cheekbone structure.
- Hairstyles with straight across bangs will also work to shorten long faces, as will side parts.
Hairstyles to avoid:
- Try and avoid short hairstyles with height on top, particularly ones without bangs.
- Avoid styles that leave no hair on the neck area or the chin area.
- Middle parts will add length so they should also be avoided.
Posted in Face Shapes
Tagged bob hairstyles, diamond, face, face shape, hair cuts, hair styles, haircut styles, haircuts, haircuts for long hair, hairstyles for diamond faces, hairstyles for long hair, hairstyles for medium hair, hairstyles for oval faces, hairstyles for round faces, hairstyles for square faces, hairstyles with bangs, heart, layered hairstyles, long hair, long hair styles, measuring, medium hair, medium hair cuts, medium hair styles, medium hairstyles, medium length hairstyles, oval, round, short bob hairstyles, short hair, short hairstyles for round faces, short layered hairstyles, very short hairstyles