When it comes to eye shadow there are many different colors to choose from, which can become overwhelming. Certain shades can make you eyes pop and others would just make you eyes blend in with the makeup, or perhaps overshadow your eyes.
In order to find out which colors go best with your eye color you can go with this guide I have provided for you below:
- Blue eyes: When it comes to this color of eyes you must be careful on which colors to go for so your eyes don’t get overshadowed by the makeup, so it’s best to avoid the blue shades and even the green shades because people tend to only see the eye shadow instead of your eyes.
To make you eyes sparkle it’s best to go with colors such as golds, browns, plums and peaches and if you want to go for a more cool appearance then it’s best to go with the pale shades of blue, pinks, purples and deep blues.
To draw attention to your blue eyes it’s best to choose colors like rusty or purple shades for a trendy fall look and even orange would look flattering on blue eyes.
For a bold, metallic look bronze is the best choice because it will help balance the cool tones in your eyes. Also, if you want your eyes to seem bigger then you should get the eye-brightening beige pencil and put some on the inside lower lashes.
Note: It is alright to play around with different shapes of eye shadow if you are trying for a certain look.
- Green eyes: In order to find colors to help make your eyes standout and pop then beige is a great choice. Yes, it is a bit subtle, but it also compliments and enhances the green color in your eyes. If you use this color during the day it’s the best choice and you can also use this color for a more dramatic look in the evening.
Tan is another great choice when it comes to green eyes. Also, if you enjoy using creamy eye shadows then you can definitely find some excellent tan and beige shades.
If you want to pull off that dramatic look then charcoal is the best to pull that look off, especially if you are going for that smokey-eye look. Tip: The darker the shade you choose the more your eyes will POP!
If you really want your green eyes to stand out then plum is a great choice because it really highlights the color in your eyes and also makes them seem larger and more beautiful. You can use this during the day and even at night, but you will need to apply it more generously for a more gorgeous nighttime smokey-eye look.
Gold will also make your green eyes look phenomenal and if you want even more affect then use gold eye shadow under your brows for highlighting and also use it on the inside corner of you eyes (where you tear ducts are) to add dimension.
- Hazel eyes: To help make this eye color stand out it’s best to go for the more neutral colors like browns, pinks, creams, beige, taupes, grays and blacks.
Tip: Be sure not to overdo on the dark colors for the day time
Some other great shades like purple make a stunning contrast for hazel eyes such as lilac, lavender, violet, plum, and even eggplant because these colors can really help make your eyes standout. You can also add purple eyeliner to pull off a more dramatic affect to your look.
If you want to draw more attention to your eyes then gold and yellow are the best choice. You can choose shades like gold shimmer, sunflower, mustard, wheat, saffron, and sand.
You can also make the perfect combo with pink, brown and sometimes green shades. To pull this look off put the pink under the brow bone, and line the crease with brown then you can fill your lid with green which will help make your eyes POP BIG TIME!
- Brown eyes: Women who have brown eyes are very lucky because they can wear just about any shade of eye shadow.
The best shades to choose from though are the bronze ones because almost all metallic shades look great on brown eyes. Green is another one because it helps compliment your eyes. Also, khaki green and forest green will help give you a dramatic look.
Tip: Metallic greens with a hint of gold are more beautiful on brown eyes.
The brown shades look great on all eye colors, but with brown eyes it’s best to go for a more bold shade to help offset the natural color of your eyes. Metallic browns are also a great choice, but be sure to not over do it because then it’s competing with your eye color.
Gold is another great choice for brown eyes, especially if you have light brown colored eyes. The gold color will help bring out the natural colors in your eyes.
Purple, just like green, is a must have because it also helps compliment your brown eyes. This shade has to be the single best color to help set off and highlight brown eyes. If you try a medium shade of purple along with bronze you can pull of a nice dramatic look!
Hint: Using a highlighter on the inside lower lash is the oldest trick in the book to help make your eyes look bigger, so better go out to your local drug store to pick on up.
- Two-colored eyes: When it comes to those who have two different colored eyes has to be challenging when it comes to wearing eye makeup. So in order to make magnificent eyes standout and pop just choose any of the colors from the ones I have mentioned from above so you can look vibrant and beautiful as well.