If you are among many who deal with really dry hair and want to fight flyaways and static then using these home remedies might just be the thing you are looking for….
All you need is:
• 2 TBSP (tablespoons) honey: This product is a natural humectant, which has the ability to attract and retain moisture.
• 1 medium sized Avocado: Since this contains highly-coveted unsaturated oils and is nutrient-dense and provides moisture.
• Take the medium sized avocado and mash it up until it is nice and smooth.
• Add 2 TBSP of honey and mix in well.
• Apply it to your dry or slightly damp hair and leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Rinse well and then follow with shampoo and conditioner if you’d like.
You can also use this if you have oily hair and normal hair as well. All you have to do is:
• Oily hair: Apply this treatment starting at the midpoint of your head (ear level), so that way it will help prevent the scalp from getting or feeling too oily.
• Normal hair: Just massage the mixture into your hair and scalp all the way through since it is a great treatment for your scalp as well.
You can also try:
• Hot oil: What you need:
1. 2 TSP. (teaspoons) olive oil
2. 2 TSP coconut oil
Directions: Mix these two ingredients together and gently massage every part of your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse a towel in hot water and wrap your hair in the towel like you would after you wash your hair and then take it off after it cools. Repeat this step 2 or 3 times to get a total saturation. After that just shampoo and rinse your hair well.
• Hot castor oil: What you will need:
1. ½ cup warm castor oil
Directions: Massage into scalp and gently comb through. Wrap your hair with a hot towel just like you would with the “hot oil” treatment and wait 30 minutes, afterwards just shampoo and rinse.
• Clove oil honey: What you will need:
1. ½ cup green olive oil
2. 1 cup liquid honey
Directions: Stir in ½ cup of green olive oil and 1 cup liquid honey well and then shake well. Store the mixture for a day or two to settle and then massage this mixture into your hair and scalp and then comb it without touching your scalp. After massaging, cover your hair with a plastic shower cap. Make it air tight to let the heat penetrate and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and then shampoo and rinse well. Note: This one is good for dark hair to help keep it shiny and lustrous.